To describe how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What we need
Translation Management Ltd whose registered address is St. Mary’s House, Netherhampton, Salisbury SP2 8PU, United Kingdom is a company that provides translation and desktop publishing services. It acts as a controller and processor of personal data including on occasion, Special Category Data of personal data that you provide to us. In the course of its business Translation Management Ltd processes personal data of its customers, prospective customers, employees, suppliers and personal data contained in documents for translation.
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide our services to you, process your orders, and provide you with marketing material and tell you about our services.
What we do with it
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary:
- to enter into, or perform, a contract with you
- to comply with a legal duty
- to protect your vital interests
- for our own (or third party’s) lawful interests, provided your rights do not override these.
In any event, we shall only use your information for the purpose or purposes it was collected for (or for closely related purposes)
We may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our website
- to provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns advertising
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights and at all times.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests, we will make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted by law). You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Where we keep it
We are based in the UK and we store our data with the EU. Some organizations which provide services to us may transfer data outside of the EU, but we will only allow them to do so if your data is adequately protected.
For example, some of our systems use Microsoft products. As a US company, it may be that using their products result in personal data being transferred to or accessible from the USA. However, we will allow this as we are certain personal data will still be adequately protected (as Microsoft is certified under the USA’s Privacy Shield scheme).
How long we keep it
We will only use and store information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected. How long information will be stored depends on the information in question and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing e-mails, we will stop storing your e-mails for marketing purposes (though we will keep a record of your preference not to be e-mailed).
We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We will not retain your data for any longer than necessary and the longest time that we will hold your data will be seven years.
What we would also like to do with it
We would, however, like to use your name and e-mail address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, e-mail or on our website.
What are your rights?
We want to ensure that you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as the data subject access request)
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason)
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified
- the right to object to your date being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically based on your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction there may be situations where we are unable to do so
If you require any further information about our Privacy Notice, you can write to the Data Protection Manager at Translation Management Limited, St. Mary’s House, Netherhampton, Salisbury SP2 8PU, United Kingdom or email us at email@example.com.